By Heath Murphy
So, you have been involved in a car accident or motorcycle accident. Now what? In this article, I will give you a basic checklist of things to do and try to give a little advice on each.
1. Check to see if anyone needs immediate medical care. If you or anyone in your car suffers injuries, immediately seek medical treatment. Don’t be the tough guy; untreated injuries may cause future physical complications for you. Inf Florida, your bodily injury claim against the insurance company may be compromised by failing to promptly seek medical treatment after an accident. This does not mean you have to go to the emergency room. If the injuries do not seem severe, convenient care clinics can offer a less expensive option than the emergency room.
2. Call the police. Always summon the police to the scene. Do not let the person who just caused an accident convince you to “keep the cops out of it”. Remember, never admit fault to an accident and never say that you are uninjured at the scene. Your adrenaline is flowing and the aches and pains might not arrive until hours or even days have passed.
3. Document the damage. Take photos of your car and of the other cars involved in the accident. Document the entire vehicle, not just the damaged area. When you feel like you have taken enough pictures, take some more.
4. Document the scene. Take photos of the entire scene from all angles. Again, there is no such thing as too many pictures. These photos may be crucial to establishing fault in your car or motorcycle accident case.
5. Get the contact information of any witnesses. Do not rely upon the police to get witness information. Get their name and contact information.
6. Call your insurance company. Open a claim with your insurance company.
7. Call an experienced personal injury attorney. A good attorney can mean a difference of thousands of dollars in your pocket when it comes time to resolve your case.
Remember, the sooner you call an experienced personal injury attorney at Jones Law Group, the sooner we can visit the scene and begin an investigation and an accurate recreation of the accident. Prompt legal representation is key to your economic recovery because the evidence at the scene of the accident degrades and the memories of witnesses fade. At Jones Law Group we understand that time is of the essence and we will act swiftly to discover and preserve all of the available evidence that will later support your claims.
To schedule a free, no-pressure consultation to review the details of your motorcycle accident or car accident and assess what you are able to recover, Please call Jones Law Group at 727-571-1333. If it is after hours or on a weekend, please call 727-348-8962. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org